Friday, August 12, 2011

I win this round, Mother Nature.

            There’s nothing I love more than soaking up water at 1am. It’s storming and I just happened to notice water seeping under my door. It turned into a flood so now towels are lying out in hopes of gathering whatever water is coming in. Nothing got damaged, thank goodness, and it was more a hassle than anything. But we had a fun towel party in my room in the middle of the night. And it helped keep my mind off tomorrow, or today actually.

            I finally have an interview for a big-girl job. Yay!! But I’m nervous.
I hate interviews and trying to “sell” myself to the employer. I don’t want to give generic answers to questions but it is sometimes hard to come up with great answers on the fly. So here I sit at almost 3am, not able to sleep because I keep running through things to make sure I say tomorrow. I want this job and it seems like it’d be a great fit in my life. I guess I just need to suck it up and let the chips fall where they may. And since I’ve resorted to clichés, my work here is done as soon as I update my bookshelf. I’m not currently reading anything so I’ll list the last few books I’ve read.

            My Little Bookshelf:  A Creed in Stone Creek by Linda Lael Miller; Savor the Danger by Lori Foster; and Only Mine by Susan Mallery
            These ladies are always "must reads" for me and I love all their stories.

            With that, goodnight from my little corner, where I’m holding the fort down with a makeshift raft, just in case the floodgates open again.

           

2 comments:

  1. Did Noah come for you? I restarted the towel party in the washer. Let's hope some dry towels end the madness! And hopefully there is no 1:00am flood party again tonight! I'm so exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did and I told Noah I am one of a kind so I wasn't eligible to go on the ark. :-) I'm tired too between the flood and worrying about this interview.

    ReplyDelete