Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Every day

Hello all. I am working on my next post. I know it's been a while but life got busy. In the meantime, here is something I wrote for my creative writing class in college. It seemed to fit my mood today.  See you again soon in my little corner.


Same as Yesterday

Birds calling out a different day, people waking,
Rushed yet bored- how do I explain it?
See words move across a page,
Those words change but the story is the same.
Light fades, goes out and yet still I sit
Lost in someone else’s world, hiding, hoping,
Dreaming of my own happy ending. Will it ever come?
Will my dreams come true? Will I one day be the
Story instead of the audience?
I watch the world go by, birth, life, death.
Stuck inside one of my own design, not taking
Chances, going through the motions.
Owls signal the end of the day,
People sleeping, dreaming.
Was today the day, did I miss it?
Or was it the same as yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment