Friday, December 30, 2011

I Did It

   Wow, fellow bloggers, it has been a long time since I've had a break to sit down and write. Between my two jobs and taking time to work on my own writing, it's been a crazy few months. Now as I sit here a few days before a new year, I can finally say I have accomplished one of my biggest goals. In the next few days my first book, Saving Tate, will be available as an ebook on the Barnes and Noble website. I'd been contemplating getting it ready for self-publishing as an ebook but the idea really took hold when for Christmas this year Santa brought me my very own NookColor! And then it snowballed but only in my head because it's still 50 degrees in the good old Midwest. No white Christmas for us.
   With my sister's help with the cover and editing my writing, I submitted my book today and it will be available in the next 24-72 hours for sale. Saving Tate is the first in the six-book Carolina Carlyles series. As I reread Saving Tate the past few months, I found myself laughing and crying but I was afraid I was too close to the characters so I asked my sister to read it for me. It was when she asked me in the middle of the night for the next chapter that I realized that maybe my dream didn't have to just be a dream, that maybe I could really make this happen. Hopefully others will fall in love with the Carlyle family like my sister and I have. The second book, Touch 'em All, is still being written and when I have an idea for release date I'll definitely let you know.
   So, to those of you who have bought Saving Tate and are connecting with me that way, thank you so much and welcome to my little corner of the world. Happy New Year to everyone and I'll be back soon.


My Little Bookshelf: I'm about to start reading Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis, third in her Lucky Harbor Series. Also, I read an ebook titled Bridleton by Becky Barker which I definitely recommend. I've got a list of all her books now so I'll start working on those. And finally, book 12 in the Rough Rider Series by Lorelei James, Cowboy Casanova, has taken residence in my Nook for my reading enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment