Sunday, July 24, 2011

Jobs, Scams and Happy Endings...

            I swore to myself I wouldn’t use this blog as a place to complain about things, but I’m honestly confused. Why is it so hard for a college-educated, responsible adult to find a decent paying job? I’ve been out of college for 2 years and have yet to find a job opportunity that will pay me for the years I spent furthering my education. It seems I’d be better off if I hadn’t wracked up the student loan debt for my degree which I’m not using right now in my current position as a waitress.

            And that’s another thing. Yes, I’m a waitress but that does not equate to being a moron. You don’t have to talk to me like I’m stupid and point to things. You don’t have to say things over and over again to make sure I understand. Even the other day I mentioned to someone that I was considering going back to school for a Masters and this lady’s head spun around so fast I thought I was watching The Exorcist. Shocking, I’m not an idiot. Who knew?

            I thought I found some pretty decent job postings online yesterday and decided to email my resume. Both appear now to be scams and I’m wondering how many people are actually going to fall for them. I guess I’m just not a deceptive or devious person because I can’t understand what would possess someone to try to con someone who just needs to pay the bills out of the very money they need to survive. It all just makes me a little sad.

            Ok then, on to other things…I’ve decided to add a new element to My Little Corner called My Little Bookshelf. I’ll let you all know what I’m reading now and who some of my favorites are. I’m hoping to hear from some readers to find out what you all are reading, maybe give me some new ideas about what to read next. It seems like it might be fun so I'll give it a shot.

  My Little Bookshelf :   Chasin’ Eight by Lorelei James, eBook version
            This series of books, the Rough Riders series, is a little steamier than normal romances but the men are so darn attractive. Chasin’ Eight is the 11th book in the series and I’m always excited for the next one. I know I can always count on Ms. James for a good read and a happy ending.

            So, from my little corner, I wish you all a good night and many happy endings.


           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment