Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is there such a thing as too many books?

  Hello all. I'm sitting here on a beautiful Saturday in February, trying to organize my massive amount of books better by using a book organizer program on my computer. And with that previous statement, I have to ask: Is there such a thing as too many books?
  I think not, as long as you have the space for them. Most of my books are in Rubbermaid tubs that slide under my bed or stack against the wall. I feel sad for my little books in their homes but I have tried my hardest to cut down the number of books I own. I've started using the library and I also have my nook which saves a lot of room. But I love the feel of books in my hands and the smell of the pages; the physical act of turning a page to find out what will happen next makes holding the book in my hand so worth it.
   There is just something special about knowing that within the covers of a book lies a magical adventure, a fight for survival, an undying love, or laughter for all ages.
   With the emergence of the digital readers, I know people are concerned that print books will fade into extinction. I, however, will always be in line for my favorite author's next book. Because I know that within the cover of that next book, I'll meet new friends and uncover new secrets that I can literally carry with me forever.
  So, that's all for now as I dig out from under my stacks of adventures and romances and mysteries. Who knows what the next set of pages will bring us. From my little corner of the world, may your pages always be filled with happy endings.

My Little Bookshelf: For those of you who have been living under the same rock I have, I suggest you crawl out and read The Hunger Games trilogy. So amazing! I cannot wait for the movie to come out. Also, my sister found a nice little tale called Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee. It's an ebook but it was a sweet and humorous romance that I loved. I am now in the process of revisiting the Hell's Eight novels by Sarah McCarty since the newest one Shadow's Stand was released. These books are awesome and the heroes are mouthwatering.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment